Please see the message below regarding information for High School Cheerleading tryouts, from head coach, Chelsie Langston. Contact Coach Langston with any questions you may have – email@example.com
Cheerleading tryouts will begin next week! Tryouts will be for all 9-12 graders interested in fall or winter cheer at HHS. Practices, to learn the material, will be held July 15th – 17th from 9am-12pm on the track at Memorial Stadium at the HS. The official tryout will take place on Saturday July 18 from 9a-12pm in the Aux Gym.
Please understand, these practices are NOT mandatory. If you decide to not attend these practices per safety concerns, it will be your responsibility to learn the material virtually in which you will need to obtain through a friend. Your absence will not reflect your tryout score!
In order to attend practices and tryouts, you must have all required Final Forms items completed, including the COVID-19 portion of the waiver. If your forms are not up to date, you will not be permitted to try out.
For in person tryouts, we will adhere to the Summer Coaching & Training Guidelines implemented by our athletic department, and approved by Summit County Health Department. We ask that all families adhere to the guidelines and procedures listed below:
- All athletes must complete and submit a COVID 19 waiver.
- The waiver is now accessible via Final Forms and built into the current waiver.
- Training sessions are not mandatory and will have no impact on future team selection processes.
- We encourage any athlete or family who does not feel comfortable to stay home.
- Coaches will be wearing face coverings.
- We encourage athletes to wear face coverings when they are arriving and departing facilities, and during periods of the trainings that do not require exertion.
- Pre-workout screenings will be conducted by our coaches. This will include a temperature check using an IR thermometer. Any athlete recording a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be sent home, and parents will be notified.
- Additionally, athletes will be asked if they have been experiencing a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19. If they have, they will be sent home and parents will be notified.
- Six Foot Social Distancing must be followed at all times.
- Unless administering a safety protocol.
- No visitors are permitted during workouts.
- This includes parents, family members, alumni, etc.
- Locker rooms and restrooms will remain closed.
- We ask that athletes arrive dressed and ready.
- Athletes MUST leave immediately following their training session.
- They may not congregate anywhere on campus.
- Parents must remain in their vehicles during drop-off or pick-up.
- Athletes must bring their own water bottle or sports drink.
- No coolers, drinking fountains, or team issued water bottles will be available.
- Athletes are not permitted to high-five, fist bump, shake hands, etc.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Players will not be given any type of practice jersey or top.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring their own training equipment, where applicable.
- Athletes are not permitted to share equipment.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, prior to arrival.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, following practice.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email Coach Langston at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive more information regarding tryouts at the first practice; if you choose not to attend, you will need to email Coach Langston to inform her.