While each sport differs, and coaches will share their specific team guidelines, there will be a number of universal strategies used by all of our teams. We ask that athletes adhere to the following guidelines:
- All athletes must complete and submit a COVID 19 waiver.
- The waiver is now accessible via Final Forms.
- Training sessions are not mandatory and will have no impact on future team selection processes.
- We encourage any athlete or family who does not feel comfortable to stay home.
- Coaches will be wearing face coverings.
- We encourage athletes to wear face coverings when they are arriving and departing facilities, and during periods of the trainings that do not require exertion.
- Pre-workout screenings will be conducted by our coaches. This will include a temperature check using an IR thermometer. Any athlete recording a temperature above 100.4 degrees will be sent home, and parents will be notified.
- Additionally, athletes will be asked if they have been experiencing a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID 19. If they have, they will be sent home and parents will be notified.
- Six Foot Social Distancing must be followed at all times.
- Unless administering a safety protocol.
- Training groups, in Phase I, may not exceed ten (10). This includes the coach.
- Groups, teams, pods may train at the same time, as long as groups adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- No visitors are permitted during workouts.
- This includes parents, family members, alumni, etc.
- Locker rooms and restrooms will remain closed.
- We ask that athletes arrive dressed and ready.
- Athletes MUST leave immediately following their training session.
- They may not congregate anywhere on campus.
- Parents must remain in their vehicles during drop-off or pick-up.
- Athletes must bring their own water bottle or sports drink.
- No coolers, drinking fountains, or team issued water bottles will be available.
- Athletes are not permitted to high-five, fist bump, shake hands, etc.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Players will not be given any type of practice jersey or top.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring their own training equipment, where applicable.
- Athletes are not permitted to share equipment.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, prior to arrival.
- Athletes are expected to wash their hands thoroughly, following practice.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. While we all know the value that team and sport may bring, it is critical that we work together to keep everyone safe. As always, thank you for your continued support and understanding.
Athletic Director, Hudson High School